The driver is in charge and responsible for safely transporting students to and from home and school. Students are expected to display Core Value behavior in the van. Students who do not exhibit these behaviors will earn pink slips. Pink Slips are a way to hold students accountable for their behavior. Two pink slips within a level week (Friday to Thursday) will result in a level drop. On the other hand, green slips are earned by displaying behaviors that are above and beyond our Core Value expectations.
PRIOR TO PICK UP
- When the van arrives for pickup the student should be ready, listening, and watching for the van to arrive.
- There is a 10 minute window before and after scheduled pickup time.
- The van driver will wait 3 minutes past the arrival time. After 3 minutes, the van driver will call the school. School personnel will then attempt to contact the residence to confirm the student’s attendance. The driver will respond accordingly. Students who are not ready when the van arrives could earn a pink slip.
- Expectations in the van are as follows:
- Keep property and equipment in good working condition.
- Stay in assigned seat with seatbelt fastened.
- Have appropriate conversations.
- Display safe and healthy behaviors.
- Respect the safety and well-being of passengers and drivers.
- Remember to bring homework and Behavioral Expectation Point Sheet home.
- Leave all food and personal items with the driver.
Distractions can bother the driver and may result in a serious accident.
- Please wait until the van comes to a complete stop and the driver has given permission to exit the van safely.
- In case of emergency, students are expected to stay in the van unless told by the driver to do otherwise.